Get the most out of your AMD memory
AMD Memory Profile Technology has been designed to give you the most out of your AMP-enabled memory modules enabling a seamless experience with unprecedented control.
- Experience maximum productivity with enhanced latency
- Get extreme performance with enhanced memory profiles
- Enjoy a seamless experience with AMD OverDrive™ Software on AMD platforms
How It Works
AMD developed AMP Technology to provide performance enhancements and/or energy savings for DDR3 memory beyond JEDEC specifications. It offers features such as memory profiles, enhanced latency and an easy to use Windows-based interface known as AMD OverDrive™. It offers features such as memory profiles, enhanced latency and an easy to use Windows-based interface known as AMD OverDrive™.
When the user installs AMD memory onto an AMD Platform that are both supported by AMD Memory Profile technology it enables a user experience that allows more control over the specifications of the AMP-enabled memory module. Specific AMD memory system modules are manufactured to support AMP with the profiles built into the SPD. Motherboard partners include AMP technology in the BIOS of the platform ensuring its compatibility with the supported DIMM. When the platform BIOS and DIMM are AMP-capable the initial boot automatically loads standard JDEC settings. Users can then choose to enter the BIOS and enable the AMD Memory Profile manually or through the AMD OverDrive™ software utility.
AMD Memory Profile
AMD Memory Profiles are designed to give new or experienced over-clockers an easy way to tune their memory’s performance to enhance their PC experience with AMP-enabled memory and platforms. Mainstream users can easily choose from a preset memory optimization from the AMD OverDrive™ software while PC enthusiasts can manual set the preset optimization during the boot process.
- Stay with the status quo with standard settings or be fearless by loading enhanced profiles from the BIOS1
- Overclock with enhanced memory profiles easily using AMD OverDrive™1
Enhanced CAS Latency is a feature that offers users the flexibility to choose how their memory interacts based on the usage requirement for their PC. If more control over your memory is required, mainstream users can easily adjust latency or frequency within the AMD OverDrive™ utility. Enthusiasts can enjoy the same benefit of the software if they choose not to make manual changes during the boot process.
- Adjust your CAS latency and experience the ability to jump from one application to the next with virtually no delay1
- Breathe easy while your memory does the accessing and loading of your applications quickly making you more productivity everyday
- Get the horsepower you need to battle the latest villains from beginning to end with virtually no interruptions1
- Turn up the heat – adjust your speed to enhance your systems performance for the ultimate gaming experience1
AMD OverDrive™ Software
AMD OverDrive™ provides a user-friendly interface facilitating manual, auto tune and stress testing capabilities for the end user while using AMP-enabled memory modules on AMD-based platforms.
- Tuning of a wide range of parameters such as voltage, timings and frequency.
- Auto-overclocking feature can tune all components for optimal system performance.
- Ability to easily create and save custom profiles.
Learn More about AMD memory