Operating under the National Command Authority, a relatively unknown entity of handpicked warriors is called on when the mission must not fail. They are the Tier 1 Operators. There are more than 2 million Americans who proudly wear the uniform, of which some 50,000 fall under the Special Operations Command. The Tier 1 Operator functions on a plane above and beyond even this select group. Their exact numbers, while classified, are believed to be in the low hundreds. They are living, breathing, precision instruments of war. They are experts in the application of violence.
Medal of Honor’s gritty single-player campaign is inspired by and developed with actual Tier 1 Operators, and gives you the unique ability to step into their boots. Utilize the surgical skill set of these elite warriors -- in combination with the overwhelming force of the U.S. Army Rangers – to infiltrate enemy-held territories in the unforgiving battlefield conditions of Afghanistan. This unparalleled experience offers the most authentic and relevant combat to date.
Getting back to the core of heart-pounding, all-out action, Medal of Honor multiplayer plays out in close quarters where the individual player’s skill is the most important tool for survival. Two teams of up to twelve players battle against one another on eight custom maps in the unforgiving mountains, valleys, and cities of Afghanistan. The unique game modes feature modern-day vehicles, realistic destruction, plus a weapon customization system that grants you access to hundreds of combinations of mods. When the battle is over, see how you stack up against other players on the game’s skill-specific leaderboards.
AMD is proud to be a supporting partner for EA and DICE, respectively the publisher and developer of Medal of Honor. Through the AMD Gaming Evolved program, we have helped with the implementation of both DirectX® 11 technology and ATI Eyefinity multi-monitor technology into the game. The multiplayer version of the game has even been Validated for ATI Eyefinity for a truly immersive gaming experience.
- Fight Today’s War - Go to war as elite soldiers in a gritty combat campaign using surgical tactics combined with sledgehammer force.
- Unparalleled Authenticity - An intense story with incredible pacing and variety set in the rugged landscape of Afghanistan creates a shooter experience only available from the famed Medal of Honor franchise.
- Realistic Battlegrounds - Wage war from the Helmand Valley to the city ruins of Kabul. Environments vary from snowy mountains to vast desert fields, and small villages to labyrinthine city streets.
- Scalpel and Sledgehammer - Experience different sides of the war—the surgical warfare conducted by Tier 1 Operators and the overwhelming force of the big army—through the eyes of four playable characters from the elite branches of the military.
- Asymmetrical Warfare - Join the Coalition as a war-hardened soldier or fight as a dug-in enemy in 12-on-12 multiplayer matches sure to spike your adrenaline.
- 5+ Multiplayer Modes by DICE - Jump into a fast-paced Team Assault match, where classic Deathmatch rules and quick reactions are king, or engage in the story-driven Combat Mission mode, where Coalition forces look to take over specific objectives. These high-action modes and more are built by the creators of Battlefield.
- Tactical Support Actions - Use your personal skill to support your team directly in a coordinated assault raining death from the sky, or change the tide of battle by boosting your team’s defensive capabilities when they need it most.
- Strategic Weapon Customization - Customize your gear mid-game and adapt to the situation at hand. Every equipment alteration impacts the method of combat, so be careful what you bring to the battle.
- Awards and Achievements
- Realistic Destruction
- Vehicle Combat
- Dedicated Servers
- Multiplayer Persistence and Ranking