True Quad-Core Technology
AMD Phenom™ II X4 processors with second-generation [true quad-core] technology are designed to provide performance headroom for the most demanding builders, gamers, and enthusiasts.
Architectural enhancements and 45nm process technology have created a tuned processing pipeline that helps keep your systems performing at the highest levels.
Among the features of the AMD Phenom™ II processor:
• Direct Connect Architecture offers award-winning technology designed to reduce bottlenecks of legacy front-side bus-based architectures through the use of separate, dedicated high-speed links. Get leading-edge PC system performance without the delays that can exist when multiple components compete for access to the processor bus. Competing x86 systems use a single front-side bus (FSB) which must carry memory access, graphics, and I/O traffic. Eliminate the FSB, and you can reduce the bottlenecks that competing access requests can cause.
• True Multi-Core Processing has an integrated architecture featuring multiple cores within the same processor for optimum multitasking performance. It’s designed for high performance on demanding multi-threaded applications.
• HyperTransport™ 3.0 Technology has the potential to increase I/O bandwidth dramatically. It delivers system agility for improved 3D graphics performance with full DirectX® 10 capability. Enjoy a realistic, high resolution gaming experience and enough bandwidth for ultra-high resolution, 1080p video playback1. Huge bandwidth can translate into fewer bottlenecks and higher performance for hard drive access, USB devices, and other I/O and peripherals.
• Total Cache and Enhanced Total Cache enable a leading edge multitasking and multi-threaded experience. Get superior processor performance because each core has its own L2 cache memory and ability to quickly share data among cores utilizing the L3 cache.
• AMD Wide Floating Point Accelerator offers ultra-fast floating-point performance that can help improve the performance of applications like HD video players and immersive 3D games, which depend heavily on complex calculations.
• AMD Digital Media XPress™ 2.0 Technology helps enable sharp and life-like 3D graphics, taking you to new levels in games, video, and DVDs.
• AMD PowerNow!™ 3.0 Technology can provide dramatic power management improvements, automatically, with no noticeable performance impact. AMD PowerNow!™ 3.0 technology includes efficient 45nm multi-core design, improved power management and additional performance states. With this technology and low power usage at idle, AMD Phenom™ II processors delivers performance when you need it and saves power when you don’t.